During the Easter Season, Social Ministry is lifting up the making of baskets for caregivers of hospice clients in the care of SpiriTrust Lutheran. This is a continuation of the project the people of St. Luke did for “God’s Work. Our Hands. Sunday” last fall.
Often forgotten or neglected in the process, caregivers have benefitted from knowing that they aren’t forgotten. Caregivers receiving baskets we have assembled are surprised and appreciative.
More baskets are needed to continue this ministry. You can help by making donations of items for these caregiver baskets.
- Tea, Coffee, or Hot Chocolate (individually wrapped packs) – Mugs
- Treats or Snacks (Individually packaged M&Ms, Hershey Kisses, Cookies, Crackers)
- Soup packets (just add water)
- Gift Cards ($5 – $10) – Sheetz, Butcher Bucks, Starbucks, Panera, Windy Knoll, Walmart, Brusters, Meadows, etc. (The goal here is to encourage the caregiver to take a break)
- Memo pads or small notebooks and pens or pencils
Place items in designated bins by the keypad entrance to the church any time during the Easter Season (through June 8, 2019).
Baskets will be assembled from the donated items as needed. Volunteers are welcome to help with assembly.
PRAY for Hospice clients and their caregivers.